Has Anxiety become a Problem?
We all worry some of the time and may have reasons for the worry (an upcoming presentation, physical examination, new job, travel, etc.
Your ancestors needed to pay attention to what was going on around them. They would otherwise have been food for the predators. Some anxiety is necessary to prepare for danger. You can fight, freeze or just plain take flight and run as far as your legs could carry you. Anxiety can be protective. When it becomes overwhelming it’s a problem.
You are not alone.
The National Institute of Mental Health reports about 19% of adults (41 million) in the United States struggle with anxiety at one time or the other every year.
While anxiety problems are treatable only about 36% seek treatment. Please don’t suffer in silence. Know when anxiety has become a problem.
Anxiety is a Problem When:
- Worry is out of control and it affects your daily life.
- You can’t sleep because you are too anxious.
- You worry all the time about any and everything and most everyday stuff.
- You are so anxious you dread, stop or avoid going to work, school, social events.
- When you can’t focus or concentrate or your mind just goes blank sometimes
- You wish you could just relax, stop the negative catastrophic thoughts that play the most horrible worse case scenarios. so you are calm and have peace of mind.
If You noticed some of following then
It’s time to stop living life on the anxiety lane of overwhelm.
How Can Therapy Help my Anxiety?
If you have been diagnosed with General Anxiety disorder, Social Anxiety, Panic attacks or Post Traumatic Stress disorder. It’s time to get relief.
Anxiety treatment generally includes therapy, medications or both depending on your specific situation. We use Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness techniques in therapy. We help anxious adults
- Learn skills and get tools to reduce anxiety and be in control of those unhealthy, sticky thoughts.
- Explore and process childhood factors that might be contributing to anxiety.
- Learn mindfulness and relaxation skills to manage these anxious overwhelming emotions.
- Take control of their emotions and set goals to move from anxious to relaxed, overwhelmed and stressed to calm and collected.
Our clients express feeling in control of their fears, panic and negative anxious thoughts.
We might make recommendations on podcast, apps, books, readings, exercises that you might find helpful in between our sessions.
If you or your loved ones struggle with anxiety. Know that there is help. We help anxious adults move from overwhelm to living a life that’s enjoyable, pleasant and calmer.
Jumoke Omojola LICSW is a Mental Health Therapist in Omaha, Nebraska where she assists adults to create healthier, happier lives and nurturing relationships. She serves Bellevue, Ralston, LaVista and other surrounding Omaha and Council Bluffs areas.